A self-motivated developer from New Zealand with a passion for developing web applications and using technology to solve problems. I have years of experience as a full-stack developer and designing aesthetic user interfaces.
- Developed features across both the front-end and back-end. Responsible for gathering requirements, estimating time required, and sharing the workload with other team members.
- Mentored other developers in advanced TypeScript techniques, and helped them to write maintainable code and helpful documentation.
- Championed processes to improve communication between team members across multiple time-zones, and developed custom Slack applications to increase productivity.
- Reverse-engineered Android applications, and developed fault-tolerant microservices to interact with their respective private APIs.
- Developed and successfully executed a plan to iteratively migrate the front-end from Angular to React.
- Built a GraphQL API to wrap several third-party REST APIs to improve the end-user experience.
- Worked with management to develop a process for releasing libraries under an open source license.
- Implemented several website features using third-party services, including payment processing, live chat support, and DRM video playback.
- Developed a new marketing website based on existing designs. The site was built with React, and optimized for high performance with server-side rendering.
- Implemented a single-sign-on authentication system using Auth0 and Discourse.
- Designing, developing and maintaining websites for several local schools and businesses.
- Development of custom CMS plug-ins for clients that require integration with existing services.
Courses covered web development, database administration, technical writing, quality assurance, systems analysis and project management.